Saturday, May 22, 2010

Giants

I think, in my old age, God has allowed me to walk among giants. Not people big in size like the giant David killed with a stone and not giants in industry, medicine, science or government. Nor am I referring to people with slicked back hair, expensive suits and mega- size membership in some church. My giants are not high profile politicians, media moguls or people who are rich and famous financially.

The giants I speak of are giant servants of God in spirit and deed. I don’t “hang” with them or even communicate with them on a regular basis but I treasure what little time I have had with them

Well then, who are these giants?

Marta Gabre Tsadic and Demeke Tekle-wold founders of Project mercy at Yetebon Ethiopia. Project Mercy

The late Haregoin Tefera, foster mother to a thousand orphans. http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/

Ababech Gobena, “Mother of many” “Mother Teresa of Ethiopia", founder and General Manager of AGOHELMA Orphanage. Agohelma Orphanage

Hannah Teshome, founder of Hanna’s Orphanage in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. Hannas Orphanage

Each, in his or her own way whether large or small are living the lives God has called them to do.

I am blessed to have been able to share time with them.

I am sure there are many more. Unsung heroes as it were, doing as God leads.
What about you?
Are you seeking/following God's will?

Are you a giant?

No comments: